Throughout the summer and into the autumn of 1947, realtors advertised the sale of a brand new brick home at 6131 East Tenth Street. Designed in the Cape Cod style, the dwelling was listed at $19, 500, a large sum for that year. Developers hoped that the post-war real estate boom in Indianapolis would continue as returning World War II veterans married, started their families, and needed proper housing. It appears that the first family to move into the lovely house was Morgan V. and Mary R. Ray. Mr. Ray was a sales manager for the F.S. Royster Fertilizer Company. They had two sons, Phillip and Morgan, Jr. The home went back on the market in 1955 and was eventually purchased by the Epping family. Several others have called the residence "home" over the years.