Irvington had numerous clubs for women and men to join throughout the 20th century. Many women actually joined more than one club. They were usually literary in nature, but there were an array of choices for the discerning member. Meetings were generally held in various homes throughout the neighborhood although some organizations met in churches or in lodges.
In this photo officers of the Quest Club pose in front of 5930 East Washington Street in March of 1941. The three women are identified as Mrs. McKay (5910 Lowell Avenue), Mrs. Ruhsenberger (5930 East Washington St.), and Mrs. Hughes. The house that is visible behind the ladies belonged to Charles and Helen Owen at 5934 East Washington St. (demolished) This photo is courtesy of Ann Stewart.