Many families have called 270 South Audubon Road home. The Gawne Family were the first to occupy the home in 1910. Orville Gawne was a traveling salesman. Other members of that family to live here included his wife Catherine and his children Catherine, Jenette, and their teacher-son Paul H. Other families who dwelled in this house included the McClains, the Headricks, the Dunhams, the Furgasons, the Lentzes, the Gingers, and the Campbells. By the 1940s the Graves family lived at 270. The Craigs called the house home for many years in the 1960s and 70s.
In the top photo, Mrs. Graves and her daughter stand on the front porch in 1949. In the bottom photo the current residents stand in the identical location on January 25, 2011. Note the beautiful glass window remains part of the house. The historic image is courtesy of the Stewart Family.