This interesting Queen Anne styled home used to sit at 5342 East Washington Street. It was likely built in the late nineteenth century. By 1897, the Newlin family dwelled here. Charles Newlin was the treasurer of the Clean Politics Publishing Company. In the 1920s it served as a fraternity house for Butler University. This photo shows the home in 1924. It was later torn down for a funeral home.