Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!


As we usher in 2012, I want to take the opportunity to thank the many contributors to this blog. Your photos and stories have been invaluable. Each house on every block tells a different story. I hope to document even more of the neighborhood in the coming year. Keep coming back and if you know someone who might have some interesting photos or stories about Irvington then drop me a note at sleeth28@rock.com.

We shall begin the year with a page from a Butler Yearbook from 1910. Bloor Scheppey, a student at that time, wrote this ode to his beloved university. I particularly liked the Arts and Crafts look of the page and his final line. And when, adown the length'ing years, We see our heav'n-kissed dreams come true, Shall not our high achievement owe its jeweled crown, Butler, to you?

It has been my pleasure to bring you what really happened "adown" those "length'ing years."

No comments:

Post a Comment