|The Mulcahy Home at 1221 North DeQuincy Street in 1936|
Bernard P. and Johanna Drury (Leland) Mulcahy moved from Terre Haute, Indiana, to Indianapolis along with their three-year-old son, Richard, and infant daughter, Patricia, in 1936. Mr. Mulcahy was a chemist while Mrs. Mulcahy stayed at home and raised their growing family. The Mulcahy's abode at 1221 North DeQuincy Street must have been one of the newer homes in Little Flower when they set up housekeeping. Notice the Tudor Revival elements on the front of the home. They would only live in the house for one year before moving to a larger place on the northeast side of Indianapolis. This lovely home still stands in 2012 although the stucco and Tudor elements have been covered with vinyl siding. At some point, residents added a proper front porch something the Mulcahy's did not have in 1936.
This historic image is courtesy of Maureen Mulcahy Reichardt and this post is dedicated to the memory of her father, Richard Anthony Mulcahy.