5309 Julian Avenue began life as a private residence in the late 1910s. From 1950 to 1973, it served as the home for ministers and their families for the Downey Avenue Christian Church. This large American Four Square has many nice features including beautiful Arts and Crafts era stained-glass windows on either side of the fireplace. The home looks much the same today although it has since been sheathed in white aluminum siding. This photo was likely taken around 1950.