This beautiful Dutch Colonial home has been a fixture at 218 South Audubon Road since 1909. Charles Vollrath, a local grocer, designed the home and had it built just a few lots away from his store. His wife Thermina, also known as Marie, stayed home and raised the couple's six children in the house. The Vollrath family remained an integral part of Irvington's story for decades. More information on this interesting family will be forthcoming so stay tuned. The contemporary image was shot on April 22, 2012, while the historic image, likely taken around 1950, is courtesy of Dr. Victor Vollrath.